Every body knows that part of a cruise is all about being spoilt and pampered. What better way to be spoilt than with these Chocolate Chip Cookies - a recipe from Wolfgang Wasshausen, Executive Chef, Holland America Line
You will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup Puritan Oil
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Putting it all together:
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and grease the baking sheets well.
2. Combine the flour, soda and salt, and set aside.
3. Combine the egg, water and vanilla and set aside.
4. Blend brown sugar and oil in a large bowl at low speed. Add the egg mixture and beat until smooth. Add the flour mixture in three parts at the mixers lowest speed. Scrape the bowl well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
6. Bake cookies at 375 degrees F for 7 or 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute then remove to cooling rack.
For more information on Holland America Line visit the web site at www.hollandamerica.com