Born in California, Royal Olympia Cruises' chef, Armin Ruehling went to Culinary school in Germany and then spent his formative years as a chef in the finest resorts in the USA and aboard the finest ships of many of the major cruise lines including Crystal Cruises, Silversea Cruises, and Seabourn Cruise Line. Today he brings us a recipe from his new home - the galleys of Royal Olympic Cruises' brand new Olympic Explorer.
Scottish Salmon wrapped in Chinese Cabbage with Black Truffles
Whole Chinese cabbage
Sliced Black Truffles
Red Wine Sauce
Sautéed Zucchini and Tomato
Putting it all Together
1. Cut cabbage leaves off the stalk and cut the green part of the leaf off away from the white part.
2. Blanch the green part of each leaf and put into ice bath so that they keep their green colour.
3. On a piece of plastic wrap lay the cabbage out 2-3 pieces overlapping each and season lightly. Lay a filet of salmon at the bottom, season lightly and spread sliced truffles over the salmon.
4. Roll salmon and cabbage into a tube shape then take plastic wrap and roll tight to hold the salmon into shape by twisting the end to make a neat roll.
5. Steam in a steamer for 8-12 minutes. Cut off one end and carefully slide out the salmon. Cut into three pieces and arrange as per picture.
6. Garnish with red wine sauce, roasted oyster mushrooms, sautéed zucchini, tomato and basmati rice
For more information on Royal Olympia Cruises visit the web site at www.royalolympiccruises.com